Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Vox Populi (Voices of people)

Not many people want to voice their opinions nowadays. For the past 10 days, I have been regularly conducting the vox pop for a daily newspaper. I find it difficult to find five people everyday who will be willing to give me a quote in response to the Question for the day and are ok with their pictures being published in the paper. People don't have the time, are wary of how their quote will be reproduced in the paper, are apprehensive about how their family members will respond to their published photos or are simply not interested.The situation was quite different a few years ago when I was an intern at Bombay Times. People would happily respond to even stupid questions such as, "Madhuri Dixit is going to have a child? What will you like its name to be?" I remember people would respond with, "Agar ladka hua toh Prem aur ladki hui toh Puja because she has done several hit films with Salman Khan where her character was named Puja and Salman's was Prem."Now, ask anyone about politics, cricket or civic issues and you get the response, "How does it affect my life!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DO NOT forget my contribution to your vox populi section!!!