Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Monday, March 23, 2009

Wow, we're going to die in the same year

How I love those Facebook quizzes! Now, unlike most people who use Facebook as a tool to escape the horrors of monotony at work, I actually have started Facebooking as a hobby. Two reasons:
1. I get to network...with my ex-colleagues, people from the industry, people who don't belong to the media but wish they were a part of it, people who use the media, those who wish to use it, people who want jobs in the media, people who are bored of jobs in the media, media bosses, editors, reporters, writers, freelancers, people who hate the media, people who know people in the media, etc, etc.
2. I like answering quizzes about me. Now, most people will scoff at that saying it's just an addiction. But no, it really helps me know about myself. Take for example the attitude test that I answered today. The result is:
"you are the sort of person who likes to take life slowly... just one day at a time.. you usually know the differnce between right and wrong. you believe in yourself. you put yourself in other peoples shoes and see howit feels to be them and then handle a situation accordingly.your attitude towards life is very positive.... you are liked by all and are a great friend.the flip side is that sometimes you care too much about other people and dont do what you really wanna do."

It's not that I didn't know this already. But when you put things down on paper, it makes a lot of difference. People may argue that it's a lot like the Zodiac. If you follow it regularly, you do believe it is true. But can it really be true for a whole lot of people around the world. A few years back, when Javed Akhtar was asked on a television show if he believed in the Zodiac he had said, "No. For that would mean that there are only 12 kinds of people in the world." He has a point, but I do believe that at some base level all humans can be categorised into 12 small groups. We may not all be the same, but we could be very similar.

Most of us wouldn't want to believe in the destiny that a bunch of quiz-makers have prescribed for us, but hell, we wouldn't stop short of giving even the most bizarre quizzes a try only to know, "Where will I stand in this one?" Having taken the "Who were you in the last birth?" (Pablo Picasso) and "What is your real age?" (26 years - that's actually as old as I am), I started taking the "Are you clinically insane?" quiz only to realise that the parameters for 'being clinically insane' were too far-fetched for even the clinically insane to answer. I had to abort the quiz. Not because I wanted to. But because I couldn't find the answers I wanted. The craziest I've done is "Which year will you die?" How I got into this one I don't know. Maybe because when I logged in I saw the freaky message that Waleed would die in 2015. It just urged me to find out mine. And then Waleed and I sat and matched our results and drew up a Bucket List. And though Facebook quizzes don't figure on top, they'll sure be on their way there.

3 comments:

'Tis a beautiful life! said...

hahaha i love it!

i have recently become a bit of a facebook quiz addict too - and i love your perspective on it :)

i agree - often it is the curiousity of 'i wonder where i stand'

Anonymous said...

How much free time do you have, Eisha?

Unknown said...

I love the facebook quizzes. earlier it was a problem because you had to send a million invites, but they've stopped being so anal about that