Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Now, how did I land up here?

Call it self-obsession or just a jobless writer's pastime, I love Googling myself. I break into a smile each time my name flashes on screen. Yes, there are the regulars - this blog, my other blog Health in Books, Facebook, Orkut, Twitter, LinkedIn, EzineArticles, Mouthshut, Mumbai Mirror and Times Wellness websites, articles borrowed from there on www.idiva.com (another Bennett & Coleman product), sites and blogs I have subscribed to and of course there are those rare gems that make me wonder, "Now, how did I land up here?"

It's these sites this post is about. I've come across sites that have used my stories very resourcefully (and thankfully most of them have credited either me or the original source of publication). Some use use my articles to draw readers to restaurants and others for alternative therapy online fora. But the one that takes the cake is 4Perfume. It actually used my review of Gabriel Garcia Marquez's Love in the Time of Cholera to sell 'Love' perfumes. They claim 'absolutely NO imitations or knock-offs', with respect to the perfumes. Now, that's original!

Check it out:
http://www.4perfume.info/article/34/love-in-the-time-of-cholera.html

No comments: