Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Friday, September 24, 2010

Think Positive!


Eisha Sarkar
Posted on Hello Wellness on Sep 23 2010 2:07PM

Human beings love to compare. You want a house that is bigger than the one you have. You want a paycheck that's bigger than your boss'. You want a car that's sleeker than your friend's. Why you even want the largest slice of the pizza you ordered for lunch! And when you don't get what you want, you get angry, bottle up your feelings, hide your insecurities, buckle under stress and ultimately die of a heart attack.

But instead, if you believed that the house, paycheck, car or slice was yours and cherished them, you might actually end up getting what you want. This declaration that something is true to enable you to get it for yourself is called Positive Affirmation.

What's Positive Affirmation?Affirmations are positive statements that describe a desired situation. They are repeated many times, in order to impress the subconscious mind and trigger it into positive action. For greater effectiveness of the affirmations, they have to be repeated with attention, conviction, interest and desire.

Repeat affirmations that are short, specific and easy to remember
  • When your mind is not engaged in something in particular, such as while traveling in a bus or a train, waiting in line, walking etc, but do not affirm while driving or crossing a street. You may also repeat them in special sessions of 5-10 minutes each, several times a day.
  • After relaxing your physical, mental and emotional stresses. The stronger the concentration, the stronger and faster will be the results
  • By choosing only positive words such as, "I am getting slim" instead of "I am not fat"
  • Always in the present tense, not the future tense e.g. "Wealth is pouring into my life" instead of "I will be rich one day"

Conquer your thoughts

In Rhonda Byrne's book, The Secret that describes how good thoughts attract positive results, breast cancer-survivor Cathy Goodman writes:

"I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I truly believed in my heart, with my strong faith, that I was already healed. Each day I would say, 'Thank you for my healing.' On and on and on I went, "Thank you for my healing." I believed in my heart I was healed. I saw myself as if cancer was never in my body. One of the things I did to heal myself was to watch very funny movies. That's all we would do was just laugh, laugh and laugh. We couldn't afford to put any stress in my life, because we knew stress was one of the worst things you can do while you're trying to heal yourself. From the time I was diagnosed to the time I was healed was approximately three months. And that's without any radiation or chemotherapy."

Affirmations help you focus your mind on your aim, and automatically build corresponding mental images in the conscious mind, which affect the subconscious mind. The conscious mind, the mind you think with, starts this process, and then the subconscious mind takes charge. By using this process consciously and intently, you can affect your subconscious mind and thereby transform your habits, behaviour, mental attitude and reactions, and even reshape your external life.

No short cuts here

Results with positive affirmations can vary. Sometimes results appear quickly, but often more time is required. Depending on your goal, sometimes you might attain immediate results, and sometimes it might take days, weeks, months or more. Getting results depends on several factors, such as the time, focus, faith and feelings you invest in repeating your affirmations, on the strength of your desire, and on how big or small your goal is.

Stop negative thoughts

People, often, repeat in their minds negative statements regarding situations and events in their lives and consequently bring upon themselves undesirable situations. Words and statements work both ways, to build or destroy. Keep the “No” phrases away.

Do they work?

Positive affirmations often don’t work because they are not very specific. You need to identify your goal properly – car, romance, health, raise, etc. Also, if you repeat positive affirmations for a few minutes, and then think negatively the rest of the day, the positive words will be neutralized. And more importantly, you then need to act. Just thinking is not always enough!

No comments: