Posted on Hello Wellness on Dec 15, 2010
It must be a strange relationship between actor John Abraham and his T-shirt. For, wherever he goes, how much ever he may love what he is wearing, he always has fans screaming at him to take it off. And wouldn't you oblige, if you had a body like that?
Probably the fittest 37-year-old in this country, John works out for two to three hours everyday and adheres to his health routine even when he goes out shooting. If you have that kind of discipline, you can aspire for a body like his. Here are some tips:
- Like John, start the day with a heavy breakfast consisting of six egg whites, a glass of fruit juice, couple of slices of toast with butter and ten almonds. It will ensure you have enough energy to sustain through the day and makes sure you are full for some time and do not binge during the meals
- Refuel your system every two hours by munching on something that is light and healthy
- Keep the lunch simple and traditional but highly nutritive - chapatti made of wheat flour, yellow dal, spinach and some stir fried vegetables
- Have some light snacks such as corn, soups, salads and protein shakes pre- and post-workout. John campaigns for People for Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) and is vegetarian. To compensate for the protein he lacks in his vegetarian diet, he takes protein shakes.
- Don't control calories, burn them. Say no to fad diets and crash diets. Starving will only make you bloat up so eating right is essential.
- At each gym session, concentrate on a different part of your body. Alternate between cardio and weight training and concentrate more on your abs. Cross training, squats and presses with emphasis on calves and hamstring will help you achieve a proportionate upper and lower body
- Abstain from alcohol. While he admits to drinking champagne "once a year" and sipping sour cherry wine made by his Romanian sister-in-law once in six months, John is essentially a teetotaller and doesn't smoke (except if the script of the film demands that he do)
During an interview to a television channel once, he said, "The use of unnatural substances is unacceptable to get a body. It leads to hair loss, high blood pressure, mood swings, loss of libido and enlarged glands. Stay away from the short cuts." Indeed!