Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

You and I

I met a friend after 11 years and we have been trying, through conversations, to fill the gap in our memories and lives. During the course of these conversations, some words just stayed with me. I started listing them, hoping to do a Haiku, but the poem kept getting longer with each conversation. Here it is:

At Mandarmani, West Bengal (Pic courtesy: Eisha Sarkar)


You and I

You and I,
Eleven years,
A thousand memories,
A lost time.

Skype calls,
Confessions,
Judgments and
Conversations.

Perceptions,
Remarks,
Natures,
Complexes.

Barriers, walls,
Broken and built.
Wires and fences,
Boundaries reborn.

Do I know you,
Or not?
Time slips,
Falters and Falls.

Demons,
Duels,
Shadows,
Myths.

Light and hope,
Morning-afters,
Empty glasses,
Broken bottles.

Beeps,
Messages,
Anticipation,
Dismay.

Words,
Formed,
Unformed,
Unsaid.

“Poetry in motion,”
Lost emotion,
Prejudice,
A soul tormented.

Darkness,
Suffering,
Guilt,
Devotion.

Poetry, plague,
Rhythm and motion.
Life and blood,
Tears that flood.

Crying,
Laughing,
Rolling,
Falling.

Marriage,
Wisdom,
Gay,
Abandon.

Preservation,
Relief,
Self-deprecation,
Belief.

You and I,
Eleven Years,
A thousand memories,
A lost journey.


1 comment:

Sujata said...

Great attempt!