Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Monday, October 13, 2014

Australiana #18: Reflection

Pic by Eisha Sarkar at Gan Gan Lookout, New South Wales

Reflection

In the midst of a forest I stand,
Listening to the bards of the land,
The songbirds, the parrots, the babblers stir,
The wind in my hair, my sorrows disappear.

I came to this land a few months ago,
Leaving one I didn't want to let go,
This place gives me warmth and glow,
Reminds me of the one I've always known.

Joy and happiness it shall bring to me,
For settling here has been 'nice and easy',
The words people speak are sing-a-song
This is a place where I belong.

In the distance I spot the sand,
The beach, the bar, the curve of the land,
I fill myself with salted breath,
And off I go, with nothing to dread.

The tide surges along the shore,
I stop to watch the rowers row,
Their sound is music to my ears,
It touches my soul, moves me to tears.

A drop of rain rests on my brow,
The rowers head home, their boats in tow,
Grey clouds loom above this beautiful land,
Motionless, I stare at the patterns in the sand.

Patterns made of hands and feet,
Of life, love, victory and defeat,
Soon the rain will wash them away,
And there shall be more another day.

- Eisha


Pic by Rachit Mankad at Sunshine Beach, Noosa, Queensland


No comments: