Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Uncut

Rocks, crystals,
lattices, lines,
hardness, lustre,
colour, structure.

Sedimentation,
Compression,
Composition,
Manifestation.

Drawing, sketching,
Carbon-dating,
Remote sensing,
Engineering.

A study in progress,
A passion for geology,
The test of mettle,
Of rocks and minds.

In my right palm,
A piece of quartz,
weathered, veined,
aged, colourless.

Through a field glass,
I look at the veins,
A life of their own,
Like those of my palm.

I test the hardness,
With a tiny blade,
It's just a mark:
My own memory.

The blade moves:
Another vein,
Leaves a mark:
My own memory.

Commotion,
Question,
Expression,
Exclamation!

The line's red,
A hint of pain,
I try hard to hide,
My sense of pride.

Bullied, beaten,
Troubled, tortured,
My soul's uncut,
Like hard quartz.











No comments: