Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Rider

A bend in the road

The roar of an engine

A beam of light

A rider on a bike.


The harsh glow

How my eyes hurt!

The bearded silhouette

His helmetless head!


A hint of recognition

A niggling doubt

Friend or foe?

I'd rather not shout.


The rider comes near

Brushes my shoulder

Whispers in my ear

My name, I hear.


The voice of a friend

Through the darkness

A stream of thoughts:

Cornucopia of memories.


I want to chide him

For his silence,

his non-existence

For me, without him.


My painted mouth

Starts to utter

A few words

Of disapproval.


I hold his gaze

Fixed and warm

My lips slowly part,

Laughter breaks free.


He watches me

Curious, confused

His lips part too:

To say, "Goodbye!"


And so I stand

With mirth and grief

Watching a rider

Disappear into night.






No comments: