Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Fall

With a glass of Merlot

I sit by the window

Breeze waltzes in

Carrying Petrichor.


I close my eyes,

Surrender myself

A juggernaut of images

In my uneasy head.


Champion

Charming

Champagne

Chauvinist


Iridescent gems

Clinking glasses

Sponsorship deals

Charity speeches.


Solicitors, lawsuits

Notices, antecedants

Recovery agents

Tax evasions.


Perceptions

Perplexities

Paparazzi

Publicity


A hero falls

An ego's crushed

Grace falters

Alcohol comforts.


I open my eyes

To watch passers-by

Pondering sonder

Sipping the wine.



In this last "throw me a word" challenge in 2015, my friends suggested the following words: Merlot, petrichor, juggernaut, champagne, chauvinist, iridescent, solicitor, antecedant, sonder

A tough one, I must say!

Have a great New Year's Eve!







No comments: