Thursday, October 13, 2016
Wednesday, October 5, 2016
As a teacher/lecturer I have visited quite a few colleges/universities in India and abroad. I get a lot of suggestions, questions, comments and proposals from members of the staff and management. As much as I am flattered, some of them are downright funny. Sample these:
- Aap jo padhaye wohi syllabus (whatever you teach is the syllabus)
- Can we combine the BBA, BMM, BCA and BMS classes for your guest lecture? By the way, what exactly do you teach?
- Now that we have the students, we have to figure what we will teach them
- Do you think we need to get any kind of UGC/AICTE recognition?
- Many of our students are Indian but they don't look like you. You're not a student, are you?
- Students don't know anything. They really don't know ANYTHING! We have to teach them EVERYTHING.
- How do you speak such good English?
- We have the best journalism course in the country. (Me: Really?) One of the best, for sure. (Me: Ah, okay!)
- We ensure our students come from all parts of the world, but we prefer Europe.
- How do we keep our students busy?