Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Sunday, November 12, 2017

What is Done is Done aka Macbeth

Last night, we watched Rajat Kapoor's play What Is Done Is Done based on Shakespeare's Macbeth. Kapoor's spin on the great tragedy was to interperse the acts with clowns and humour (more grey than dark) where once a clown told the audience, "You've forgotten the murder in the last scene." The acting and lighting were great but I am not sure of the comic interludes. They made me laugh on their own but took me away from understanding Macbeth's (Macky B) dilemma, predicament, fear, paranoia and mania. I remembered the darkness in Vishal Bhardwaj's Maqbool (the Bollywood version of Macbeth) and how I had felt the fear felt by the protagonist. I missed that experience in this theatre.

No comments: