Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Friday, March 8, 2024

As Way Opens

Science has been my passion since I was a little girl. I earned good grades in school and broke a 75-year-old record in chemistry in my college with my scores. Everyone thought it was my field, until, I paused and realised that I wasn't really enjoying something I was brilliant at. I took a year off. My parents panicked because in India it's not common. Then I enrolled in a journalism course and figured I could write on the sciences for a wider audience. 20 years down the line, I again paused, for there wasn't a way open for people who weren't drawn into the the rapidly partitioning media. I have been a bird watcher for 23 years. I wrote my first science paper in two decades and presented it at a conference on sustainability in a roomful of economists! People in business talked about birds. The way has opened.

My reflection after reading Carrie Newcomer's As Way Opens

No comments: