Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Travel Surprise: Not all forests are green

#Travel Surprise, May 2016, #Gujarat: We had a couple of cousins who suddenly showed up at our door from Pune (you know who you are) and so we decided to take them sightseeing in the Sardar Sarovar Dam area in south Gujarat. A former student of mine had posted a picture of a waterfall in the Shoolpaneshwar Nature Reserve just a week ago. We arrived to find not even a trickle and huge sand-mining equipment. The forest was dry. We were the only tourists. It did seem quite disappointing at first but then I thought, "How many times in my life have I seen a forest without a single leaf? Hills and hills of dry deciduous trees! Never." That shook off the image of forests I had in my head. Not all forests have to be painted green all the time.

#TravelTales #BrownForests #DeciduousForests #SouthGujarat

No comments: