Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Monday, December 31, 2018

2018

2018 is the year I transformed from a woman to a mother, birthing a life, watching it grow into a mischievous son who literally follows my footsteps. It has been a year when I set everything else aside, said 'no' to three prestigious assignments, published my older poems in books and magazines (because I didn't have time to come up with new ones), battled episodes of postnatal depression (brought about by being closeted for six whole months of exclusively breastfeeding my child) by cooking up dishes with unusual ingredients, lost all my pregnancy weight and more in the process, met few people, travelled a little (Mumbai, Pune, Bhavnagar, Ahmedabad, Lothal, Dabhoi), celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary going to bed early, read a lot, became a Netflix and Amazon Prime addict and turned into a scribe-cum-biologist once again by penning by hand day-to-day events in my child's life making it the most important book I have ever written or I shall write. This year has given me two most beautiful gifts - my son and a pause.

#YearEndWisdom

No comments: