Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Sunday, January 22, 2023

Dinosaur fossils and a beautiful drive

It's good to be back on the road again, travelling out of a suitcase once in a while. Today was special, because I finally made it to Balasinor to see the Dinosaur Park and real fossils. The largest collection of dinosaur eggs in the world were found in Raiyoli near Balasinor in Kheda district and since 1981, geologists have been prospecting around here. The last time I came here, I was introduced to Nawabzadi Aaliya Babi, the 'Dinosaur Princess' and only the walls of the museum were built. Today, it was as if I had stepped into Jurassic Park. Part theme park, part museum, what I loved about it is that they've added a whole section about what paleontology really is. I thought there were people behind those desks but they were life-size models 😆 The 5D experience was quite enjoyable as well. Tickets are priced at Rs 170. What surprised us was the beautiful drive along the Narmada Main Canal from Panchmahal to Kheda. It's definitely one of the most picturesque drives in the country. The road is owned and managed by Sardar Sarovar Nigam Ltd.

No comments: