Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Friday, February 26, 2016

Tears in the Veil is now available on Amazon


Finally, Peshawar-based artist-writer Nahid Walizadda's Tears in the Veil edited by Kirthi Jayakumar and me is available on Amazon Kindle. The book contains powerful poetry and stunning artwork by Nahid interspersed with real stories of women in Afghanistan and Pakistan. This is the first time I have collaborated with someone from Pakistan for an editorial venture (for coffees and sushi I still stick with my pal, Sonal Singh Rathore). I also designed the book's cover using two of Nahid's sketches. At such a young age, Nahid, as an Afghan refugee, has faced many challenges to get the education she deserves. Do encourage her by reading her book. 


No comments: