Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Sunday, February 7, 2021

Bridgerton Review

My two-bits about #Bridgerton: 


As much as the series wanted me to empathize with the flawed Duke (the handsome Regé Jean Page), I found myself leaning heavily towards Viscount Anthony Bridgerton (played by Jonathan Bailey), the man who has to shoulder the responsibility of maintaining his family's position in society. The series was engaging enough to make me watch once, but whether I'll watch season two or remember the characters after a few months is debatable. The husband thought it sounded like Pride and Prejudice. It did attempt to be in that league though Bridgerton, unlike Pride and Prejudice, is the creation of a person, Chris Van Dusen, who did not live in the era. The creators put dark-skinned characters as part of British aristocracy in the Victorian age, when Britain used race as a weapon of subjugation and conquest. When that is overlooked, I wonder why the whole series needed to be set in that era. It could easily have been set in 1970s Britain.

#Netflix

No comments: