Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Monday, April 18, 2022

Global Diplomacy

As someone who has worked on people-to-people #peacebuilding through #education in #Afghanistan until the Taliban takeover in 2021, I believe #diplomacy is not limited to only statesmen and women and political leaders. Any relations between people, states and cities with an aim to bring peace, harmony and stability could be called diplomacy. They could be in the form of political talks and meetings, communications, business, sports, arts, entertainment, medicine or education. The word diplomat entered my vocabulary when my dad got his first diplomatic passport in the late 1980s (I was about 4) for a visit to the erstwhile USSR as part of a Finance Ministry delegation. Journalism brought me in close contact with various diplomats, ambassadors and officials of the Ministry of External Affairs but it has been mainly through education and business development that I have got a better insight into various types of international relations and the functions of diplomacy. While editing a module for an online journalism course, I found myself lacking in certain theoretical aspects of the subject of international relations and decided to do a short course. While browsing through #Coursera, I found Prof Simon Rofe's Global Diplomacy course offered by #SOAS, University of London. It's a fabulous course with over 52000 participants from around the world. The part I loved the most was reviewing my peers and learning how students from around the world look at diplomacy. It's a four-week course that I completed in four days (I had the time). Do give it a shot, if you're interested in international relations. 

#globaldiplomacy #universityoflondon #internationalrelatoons #courses

No comments: