Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Sunday, December 31, 2023

2023, a review

2023, for me, has been a journey back in space and time to look for the person I was before I became a journalist, before writing for an audience and networking came to dominate my life. As I worked on strengthening my physical, mental and spiritual core, I rediscovered my love for the martial arts, dance, science and silence. In the cacophony of networking, I had forgotten how much better I find solitude. Writing without an agenda and audience has been one of my greatest powers. 

It wouldn't have been possible to see through what has been a very tough year as a parent without the guidance of Sarah Smith and Claire Steele of Eltonix who I came in touch with thanks to British Council India, Gavin McCormack's resources at Upschool, Hansa Dhar , the entire teaching and non-teaching staff at my son's school, NISV, my co-travellers at Interfaith and Servicespace, Tim Harrison of the Compassion Training Institute of Emory University, Atlanta, Apsara Iyengar and the young team at Applause Theatre&Art Vadodara and two of the best books I read this year - Neurotribes by Steve Silberman and Steve Waugh's The Meaning of Luck.

The steely support of my friends and mentors, who, more than judgment or advice, gave me an ear, demonstrates how privileged I am to have you all in my life. Looking forward to stepping into 2024 😊 Happy New Year to you all.

No comments: