Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Thursday, September 29, 2022

Laughter and Koffee with Karan

Maybe dumb jokes and sarcasm is all you need after a really tough day and I am glad Karan Johar provided that in the last episode of #koffeewithkaranseason7. I have watched the show since its inception, having worked with and known many of the production crew in its early years and followed it year after year just to see how brilliantly its creator/anchor crafts the season to keep the audiences glued. It's a study in itself, in how dumbing down can be an intelligent decision and change the course of pop culture and commentary in a country. I used to hate David Dhawan's movies in the 1990s that were played over and over again on Zee Cinema (I still remember Varun Dhawan as an 11 year old I met when I was 15 at one of his father's film previews at Liberty in Mumbai). Too crass, I'd say and shirk them off. But today, I lapped up all the crass with belly-hugging laughter. 😁

No comments: