Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Sunday, September 18, 2022

Statue of Unity, and meeting my former student there after ages

It's always so good to see my former students do well for themselves professionally. I booked tickets for the Statue of Unity (SoU) yesterday, on a whim, and today we drove down those two hours from Vadodara. I texted Saral Patel who is now the PRO that I'll be around and if he's there, would love to have a chat and he was kind enough to drop in while we were sipping our coffees at Starbucks after a nice visit to the viewing gallery. We talked about the transition from journalism to public relations, the access for disabled visitors, the skill development centre for the tribal women who drive the e-rickshaws and the Narmada Aarti that he is in-charge of (the prasad list is ratified by the PMO everyday). I don't remember ever having a one-on-one with the former Faculty Representative at MSU. Now a senator, I wouldn't be surprised if I see him in the corridors of the top administration in Gandhinagar in a few years. Kudos!

No comments: