Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Friday, September 29, 2023

Counting birds to deal with stress

When I am tired of people or stressed because of what they do, I count birds and record my counts and sometimes even their calls/songs. And even if it seems like the most mundane thing to do in a busy world, never, in my 22 years of bird watching, I have counted exactly the same number of birds each time. There's always a change: a couple of pigeons less, two more doves, the common mynahs and bank mynahs are exactly the same, the murder of crows has a few new members, the egrets are missing three... Humans are predictable and often boring because we have created clocks and routines, rules and regulations and social norms that are often cast in stone. Birds just be birds. I am grateful for them in my life.

No comments: